Hi everyone! The lovely Rachael over at BeachBookworm nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award – thank you so much! I very gladly accept the nomination, so today we’ll be answering some questions.
I think I’ve been nominated before but I didn’t write down by whom, and now I can’t find it – I’m very sorry! 😅
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
Rachael’s Questions for Me:
1. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
This is probably a given, but talking about books. I just love to share my bookish thoughts and feelings with you. Combine that with writing, photography and some amazing followers, and it’s a wonderful hobby! ♡
2. Have you met a fellow blogger face to face?
I have friends who are bloggers, but I’m not sure that counts?? Otherwise, I don’t think I’ve met any of the bloggers I follow, unfortunately 😔
3. What is your favorite TV show?
I would say it’s Supernatural, but the truth is I haven’t watched a single TV show episode in months. Like easily since last year, it’s crazy! I’ve probably missed a whole Supernatural season 😅 That’s what senior year does to you…
4. What is your biggest fear?
I have so many that it’s hard to say which one is the biggest. Maybe I fear not being happy the most. I don’t feel happy at all, and I’m rather scared of being unhappy forever. That would really suck, wouldn’t it? 😰
5. Do you have any pets?
I do!! I have a dog named Sasha, she is the CUTEST. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen her in my stories 😍
6. How many books have you read, so far, this year?
I’ve read 17 out of 75… quite behind schedule, but I will fix it once I graduate – that’s a promise!! I want to read as much as I can this summer 🙌🏼
7. Tea or coffee?
Tea. I hate coffee with a burning passion. Just the smell of it makes me nauseous 🤢 I wish I liked it though, God knows I need the energy boost 😄
8. Where is your favorite reading spot?
I love reading in bed, that’s where I read the most. However, I think I might like reading on the train even better – that is, when there’s no one next to me talking on the phone and distracting me 😒
9. How happy are you today on a scale of 1 to 10?
Oh boy, like a 3? I’m rather down today because yesterday I got a test back and it wasn’t a good grade so I’m disappointed. I also spent all day studying and I am exhausted. Why can’t the semester just be over 😩 On the bright side, though, the biggest bookish event of the year here in Lisbon starts this Friday – I swear I’ll try my best not to buy too many books 😅
10. Which era do you wish you could visit?
This is actually so hard to answer?? I’m a history student, so I really like different eras for different reasons. It would have to be a tie between Ancient Egypt, probably around 1500 BC, and Ancient Rome, definitely around the 2nd and 1st centuries BC.
Maybe I would prefer Rome because a) they’re my ancestors, b) the climate is not as harsh as in the desert, c) I would understand the language better, and d) Mark Antony. However, visiting Ancient Rome would definitely be more gruesome, so I’d better toughen up before I left for my trip 😂
11. Favorite quote?
This changes from time to time, but right now it’s a quote that we analyzed in Latin class and it really stuck with me.
Amor, ut lacrima, ab oculo oritur, in pectus cadit
– Publilius Syrus
It roughly translates to “Love, just like a tear, rises from the eye, falls upon the chest”. Isn’t it so beautiful? Bless his soul
- Zuky @ BookBum
- Susan @ Susan Loves Books
- Paige @ Just One More Pa(i)ge
- Sophie @ Beware of the Reader
- Kayla @ Books and Blends
- Nina @ The Cozy Pages
- Holly @ Nut Free Nerd
- Shanah @ Bionic Bookworm
- J.W. Martin
- Joshua @ High Literature
- Catherine @ Ethereal Pages
My Questions for the Nominees:
1. If you could trade places with anyone, who would it be?
2. Who is your favorite character of all time?
3. Do you ever find yourself daydreaming?
4. Reading at home or reading outside?
5. How many languages do you speak?
6. Which language(s) would you like to learn?
7. What is your main goal for this year?
8. Zodiac sign?
9. What is your favorite flower?
10. Biggest pet peeve?
11. Do you believe in the supernatural?
Alright you guys, those were my
borderline depressing answers to Rachael’s questions! Don’t forget to check out her blog, it’s amazing! I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better through some of these answers 😋 If you’d like a Q&A post, definitely let me know in the comments! 👇🏼
Thank you so much for reading,
I’ll see you in my next post ♡